What is automotive metal stamping parts
Automotive hardware stamping parts are one of the indispensable parts in automobile manufacturing. It includes various covering parts, decorative parts, fasteners, etc., and the amount used in the car accounts for more than 10% of the whole car mass. The precision of stamping parts is generally required to be high to adapt to the characteristics of large production batches, so the productivity of the stamping process is very high; at the same time, due to the large force on the material during stamping, it has higher requirements on the strength and toughness of the material; In addition, the mold structure is required to be simple and the cost is low.
Stamping process: Stamping is a processing method in which the sheet is placed on the table of the press (or on the feeding device of the press) to separate or deform the sheet to obtain the desired shape. Blanking is divided into two basic types: blanking blanking and forming blanking. Blanking blanking is used to produce sheet steel parts for single or small batch production; forming blanking is used for large batch production and continuous automatic line production. machining of parts.
- (1) The working part of blanking die is composed of punch and die;
- (2) The convex and concave templates are respectively fixed on the left and right edge knife holders;
- (3) The punch is fixed on the left end face;
- (4) The concave template is fixed on the right end face;
- (5) There is a gap between the two blade holders;
- (6) There are positioning pins on both sides of the upper and lower edge knives;
- (7) There is a guide block between the punch and the concave template;
- (8) The top of the punch is provided with an ejector pin hole;
- (9) The lower guide post passes through the gap and is inserted into the positioning pin.
- (10) A pull rod mechanism and a push-pull handle mechanism are installed below the lower guide column.
- (11) A push-pull handle mechanism and a spring assembly are installed above the upper guide column.
- (12) A reset keyway and a reset spring assembly are installed below the upper guide post.
- (13) The workpiece is installed between the upper and lower sliders for feeding.
- (14) When the workpiece is fed, it first passes through the ejection sleeve, then enters the middle position above the slider, and then moves downward until the bottom of the slider (this time is a free stroke).
Application range of automotive stamping parts
Automotive stamping parts have a wide range of applications:
1. Manufacture of body panels:
Bumpers, engine covers (covers), trunk lids, doors, dashboards (covers), etc.;
2. Manufacture of chassis parts:
Various fuel tanks, brake housings and clutch plates;
3. Manufacture of electrical parts:
Generator rotor bearing and brush holder;
4. Processing of mechanical parts:
Pin holes in crankshaft connecting rods, camshaft bearing seat holes and gear chambers, etc.
The stamping process is one of the most basic processes in the automotive industry. It is mainly used to punch various leaf springs and various types of cold-rolled steel strips and other metal sheets. The. Blanking is a stamping process that uses a press and a special mold to separate or partially deform the metal sheet.
The punching die is divided into two types: single-action type and double-action type. The single-action type is fed by a manual workbench or a fixed lift table, which is suitable for the production of thin plates and foils with a thickness of less than 3mm; the double-action type is fed by a motorized workbench, suitable for Production of thicker plates. Bending is a stamping process that uses external force to bend a straight or nearly straight metal sheet into a certain angle or shape. The main processes of bending include blanking, nesting, shearing, bending and forming It consists of three steps.
When cutting, first cut the material to be punched into different sizes according to the requirements of the drawing; the nesting and cutting are carried out after the first piece of material is finished, and the purpose is to use the ductility of the material to ensure The section quality of the product meets the requirements of the design drawings. Forming is the process of attaching the concave mold of the good material to the concave template and applying a certain force to make it close and position to form the required shape.
Balford Automotive stamping press manufacturers in China
Balford has passed ISO9001 in 2017. We has over ten years experience on manufacturing motor housing, solenoid valve housing and sensor housing, focused on auto parts.Now Balford enter into solenoid valve housings and sensor housings industry that are mainly based on difficult deep drawing process.
We employ documented procedures for every step in the manufacturing process from initial program launch through steady-state production in order to ensure consistent performance. We engineer our processes to produce the desired results, monitor those results, and use what we learn to regularly refine our processes as part of our commitment to continuous process and efficiency improvement.
Many of our customers have been with us for 5-8 years or more. Year after year, they experience zero late deliveries and zero returns.