Stamping parts manufacturers often need to process new stamping products. At this time, they need to use new molds. Some enterprises’ molds are self-produced and used, such as Zhejiang Yiwei Precision. All molds are independently developed, designed and manufactured. Some Enterprises need to produce through mold factories. Master the operation matters before using the new mold, the following is for reference.
- For the new stamping die, a basic inspection should be carried out to check whether all the screws and nuts are tightened. Detect whether there are scratches, cracks and other defects in the die, punch and template; detect whether there are iron filings and other debris in the gap between the template inside the mold.
- Use measuring tools to check whether the die size is out of tolerance, and whether the parallelism of the die and punch is normal.
- Check whether the die handle has scratches and cracks, and measure whether the size of the die handle matches the size of the punch die handle hole used.
- Check whether the hardness of the die and punch and the heat treatment quality are qualified.
- Check whether there are debris inside the guide post of the mold. If there is, it needs to be cleaned up, and lubricating oil needs to be added to the guide post.
- Measure whether the size of the die punching hole is smaller than the blanking hole of the punch used.
- The continuous mold needs to check whether the positioning pin and the stopper pin are well matched; the drawing mold needs to check whether the surface quality of the concave mold and the punch is qualified.
After the new mold is tested, it can be installed on the punching machine. After installation, it is necessary to try the mold. First punch a small number of stamping products, and strictly check the stamping products according to the drawings or samples. If the size is unqualified, the mold needs to be polished or re-processed. After the mold test is successful, after processing a certain batch of products, the products and molds are tested again.
Before designing a die for metal stamping parts, we must first master some data: the material of metal stamping parts, such as the thickness, precision, material, material width, surface treatment, and burr direction requirements of the workpiece. Information on mold design, such as: mass production, mold form, material feeding direction, material guide method. The material of the mold and the material of the blade. Form, size, die handle size, punch, dimensioning, drawings, processing equipment, etc. Only after mastering these data can the mold design work be facilitated.
We try our best to choose mature mold structure or standard structure when designing metal stamping molds. The mold must be rigid enough to meet the requirements of life and precision. The design structure should be as simple and practical as possible, and should be reasonably economical. It can be easily fed, the operation should be simple and safe, and the workpiece is easy to flow out. The positioning between the mold parts should be accurate and reliable, and the connection should be firm. It is beneficial to the processing of mold parts. The die structure should be coordinated with the existing stamping equipment. The mold is easy to install, and the wearing parts are easy to replace.
When designing the die structure of metal stamping parts, a systematic point of view should be used, and the structure and parts scheme of the continuous die should be determined from the large system composed of stamping, die manufacturing and other aspects, and the role of practical experience should be paid attention to. It is necessary to be realistic, establish a feasible mold plan, and at the same time consider the existing mold manufacturing conditions and stamping production conditions.
The continuous die structure is complex, the design is difficult, the manufacturing cost is high, and the cycle is long. Therefore, the design should adhere to the spirit of science, rigor and truth-seeking, careful analysis and detailed planning, so as to ensure reasonable design, convenient manufacturing and meet the requirements of use.