Metal stamping production process
Metal stamping is the use of punches and molds to process stainless steel, iron, aluminum, copper and other metals to deform or break to obtain certain shapes and specifications. Metal stamping processing is simple in operation, high in production efficiency, and easy to complete mechanization. Automation is an indispensable key production process for hardware manufacturers.
Balford has passed ISO9001 in 2017. We has over ten years experience on manufacturing motor housing, solenoid valve housing and sensor housing, focused on auto parts.Now Balford enter into solenoid valve housings and sensor housings industry that are mainly based on difficult deep drawing process.
We employ documented procedures for every step in the manufacturing process from initial program launch through steady-state production in order to ensure consistent performance. We engineer our processes to produce the desired results, monitor those results, and use what we learn to regularly refine our processes as part of our commitment to continuous process and efficiency improvement.
Many of our customers have been with us for 5-8 years or more. Year after year, they experience zero late deliveries and zero returns.
contact : email@example.com
Let’s take a look at what is the metal stamping process below?
- 1. Material preparation: The materials required for the mold vary from product to product. Choose suitable mold materials according to the characteristics of the product, such as: mold, top cover and upper splint, stripper plate, lower mold, cushion block, bottom plate, etc.
- 2. Preliminary processing: After material selection, the plane and sides are processed with a milling machine. The common method is to use wood-based panels, stripping machines, lower templates, pads, bottom plates, top covers, and top plates.
- 3. Finishing: The beveled plane and four corners must be processed by a grinding machine. . Stripping plate. The lower template and the bottom plate form an oblique angle, and the bottom plate and the upper cover plate are ground flat.
- 4. Line drawing: Put the beveled template into the line drawing place. According to the molding drawing, draw the line with the line height ruler, and finally draw the point, point, point, and tapping on the die head after the line is drawn.
- 5. Plate: In order to ensure the strength of the wood, after high-temperature quenching, quenching, quenching and tempering, annealing and other processes, it is further refined, the plate is rolled into a bevel, and then the wire breaking process is performed.
- 6. Install and test the mold: select the mold base or supporting guide post and guide post to complete the mold assembly, install the installation mold in the stamping machine for adjustment, and finally carry out mold inspection on the stamping precision hardware to determine whether it meets the product requirements and complete the entire fitting process.
The stamping process of stamping parts is mainly divided into two types: blanking type and continuous casting type. Compared with ordinary forging, the blanking type is easy to operate, has high processing precision, and can obtain satisfactory stamped products. The continuous casting type is to obtain the workpiece by punching the workpiece once in a mold cavity through multiple rolls in a continuous cavity. The advantage of continuous casting over ordinary cavity is that it can withstand a certain amount of impact, but it will produce different degrees of deformation; the disadvantage of continuous casting compared with ordinary cavity is that the stamping force is smaller, but the deformation effect during the stamping process is not great; The greater the impact that the ordinary mold cavity can withstand, the higher the precision of the process. Continuous casting has higher production efficiency and lower processing cost than hot stamping, and is mainly used for thin metal materials such as structural parts, pipes, bars and profiles. In order to meet the needs of different parts and different structural parts (especially complex parts), the combination method of continuous casting/hot stamping production equipment can also be used.
1. Classification of punching process
The blanking type and the continuous casting type have their own advantages and disadvantages, and each has its own shortcomings. According to the structural characteristics of punching type, it can be divided into horizontal punching type and vertical punching type. The horizontal punching processing equipment is simple, and it is mostly used for punching large-section parts with high precision, which can reduce the number of molds and reduce the amount of machine tools. Vertical blanking processing equipment is more expensive, but because it can process multiple parts in the same mold, it can improve work efficiency and high processing precision, so it is generally used for blanking processing of large cross-section parts in small batch production. Both horizontal and vertical punching equipment use cold punching and anodizing technology for punching. Both kinds of production equipment require a certain amount of spare parts as equipment spare parts.
2. Combination method of continuous casting/hot stamping production equipment
The combination method of continuous casting/hot stamping production equipment includes two parts: a stamping process and a hot forming process, and the stamping process includes three steps: blanking, continuous casting and hot stamping. Continuous casting process: used to produce continuous forming convex and concave type (formed in a continuous cavity); punching type: generally used to produce pressed parts of any shape, such as rectangle, trapezoid and polygon, etc.; thermoforming process: It is in the state of hot stamping, using a punching machine for stamping processing of plates or profiled materials, such as flat steel, steel strips, etc. The continuous casting process can use one of several forming methods. Commonly used are: vacuum casting material, vacuum casting rod, air chamber castable material, etc., all of which can realize stamping.
3. Application cases of continuous casting/hot stamping process
At present, the research on the continuous casting/hot stamping process at home and abroad is in the preliminary stage, and in some fields, the continuous casting/hot stamping process has begun to be applied. There are many types of continuous casting/hot stamping processes, but generally hot forming is used to process parts. In the specific production process, different types of hot forming methods are usually used according to the geometry of the parts, process requirements and workpiece materials. In some large structural parts, the continuous casting/hot stamping method can not only obtain high-precision, high-strength stamping parts, but also obtain ultra-thin, superplastic and other smaller-sized parts. Continuous casting/hot stamping can realize the combination of workpieces according to specific requirements, not only can realize the stamping in the mold cavity, but also can realize the direct stamping of the outer template, that is, combine multiple templates in a certain direction to produce the desired shape Parts with complex shapes. Therefore, high-precision and high-strength parts can be obtained by continuous casting/hot stamping process.