What principles should be followed in the design of metal stamping parts
The metal stamping parts industry is an industry involving a wide range of fields, and it penetrates into all aspects of the manufacturing industry. In foreign countries, metal stamping is called sheet metal forming, and it is also called this in my country. In the production process of metal stamping parts, it can be designed according to different needs, so what principles should the design of metal stamping parts follow? Next, balford will give you a detailed introduction.
The principles to be followed in the design of metal stamping parts:
- 1. When designing, the designed stamping product must meet the original technical performance of its use, and it must be easy to assemble.
- 2. The designed metal stamping parts must be able to improve the utilization rate of metal materials, reduce the consumption and waste of materials, and try to achieve no waste generation.
- 3. The designed metal stamping parts should have a simple shape and a relatively reasonable structure, which can help simplify the structure of the metal stamping die and improve the production efficiency.
- 4. When the designed metal stamping parts can be used normally, the dimensional accuracy should be reduced, which can reduce the generation of waste products and ensure the quality of the products is stable.
- 5. The designed metal stamping parts should be convenient for metal stamping dies to process them, and it should be beneficial to prolong the service life of metal stamping dies.
Stamping process and design principles of metal stamping parts
Several commonly used stamping processes for processing metal stamping parts
1. Forming process
The sheet forming process is a general term for the process of changing the shape and size of the blank through the local deformation of the sheet. Common forming processes are: bulging, flanging, necking, leveling and shaping.
2. Bending process
Bending is a plastic forming process that makes a flat blank into a workpiece with some shape angle and size requirements. The bending process uses different tools and equipment depending on the shape of the blank being machined. Bending methods can be divided into bending / bending / twisting / rolling / bending /.
3. Blanking process
Blanking is the basic process in the cold stamping process. Through blanking, the required open parts can be punched out, and blanks can be prepared for other cold stamping processes.
4. Deep drawing process
Deep drawing can punch flat blanks of some shapes into open hollow parts of various shapes through drawing dies, or use open hollow parts as blanks to further change the shape and size of hollow parts through deep drawing. A cold stamping processing method. The deep drawing process can be divided into two categories. One is that the flat plate is used as the blank, and there is no large thinning during the drawing process. The thickness of the cylinder wall and the bottom of the cylinder are relatively consistent, which is called thinning and deep drawing; The bottomed opening part is a blank, and the part is formed by reducing the wall thickness, which is called thinning and deep drawing.
Design principles of stamping parts processing
- 1. The designed stamping parts need to meet the use and technical performance of the product, and also be easy to assemble and repair;
- 2. Then it needs to be conducive to improving the utilization rate of metal materials, reducing the variety and specifications of materials, reducing the consumption of materials as much as possible, using inexpensive materials where possible, and making parts as waste-free as possible and less waste;
- 3. Then, when designing, the shape should be changed to be simple and the structure should be correct, which is conducive to simplifying the structure of the mold and simplifying the number of processes. It also uses fewer and simpler stamping processes to complete the processing of the entire part, and there are Conducive to stamping operations, easy to organize mechanized and automated production, to improve labor productivity.
- 4. The designed stamping parts should try to make the dimensional accuracy grade and surface roughness grade as low as possible when they can be used normally, which is conducive to the exchange of products, reduces waste and ensures stable product quality. The designed stamping parts should be beneficial to use the existing equipment, process equipment and process flow as much as possible to process them, and be conducive to the extension of the service life of the stamping die.
The processing of stamping parts is made by stamping under the premise of low material consumption. The parts are light in weight and good in rigidity, and after the plastic deformation of the sheet metal, the internal structure of the metal is improved, so that the strength of the stamping parts is improved. improved. The processing of stamping parts has relatively good dimensional accuracy, which is uniform in size with the mold parts, and has good interchangeability. No further machining is required to meet general assembly and use requirements.
During the stamping process, since the surface of the material is not damaged, it has good surface quality and a smooth and beautiful appearance, which provides convenient conditions for surface painting, electroplating, phosphating and other surface treatments. Metal stamping parts are formed by applying external force to plates, strips, pipes and profiles by means of presses and dies to cause plastic deformation or separation to obtain workpieces (stamping parts) of the required shape and size. Stamping and forging are both plastic processing (or pressure processing), collectively called forging.
What are the prevention methods for cracking of metal stamping parts?
- 1. Structural design of metal stamping parts: When designing, it is recommended that the radius of each fillet be larger, the actual depth of the curved surface shape in the drawing direction is shallower, the parts are uniform, the shape is as simple as possible and the change is as gentle as possible.
- 2. Die design of metal stamping parts: measures can be taken to design correct drawing ribs, use large die fillets, and make the gap between punch and die correct.
- 3. Deep drawing process of metal stamping parts: the drawing direction should make the contact area between the punch and the blank as large as possible, the correct shape of the blank holder and blank holder force make the resistance of each part of the blank holder even and moderate, reduce the deep drawing depth and open the process Holes and craft cuts etc.
During the processing of metal stamping parts, there will be many faults such as cracking. These require correct design and careful operation to prevent and reduce the occurrence of bad metal stamping parts.
Factors affecting the wrinkling of stainless steel stamping parts and their solutions
The effect of stretching
The distribution of the flow resistance of the stainless steel stamping material along the die opening is directly related to the deep drawing. In the concave and convex curve positions, the excessive stretching of stainless steel stamping parts can cause uneven distribution of deformation resistance and form wrinkles, which should be avoided as much as possible.
2. The influence of the radius of the die fillet
If the fillet radius of the die of the stainless steel stamping die is too large, the flow of the blank into the die and the fillet of the die will produce less bending resistance. The smaller the bending resistance, the easier it is to cause wrinkling. The smaller the radius of the die, the greater the bending resistance of the bending deformation, and the less easy it is to wrinkle, but it is easy to cause cracking and pulling of the stainless steel stamping parts.
3. Adjust the size of the blank holder force
When wrinkles are evenly generated around the workpiece, it should be judged that the pressing force is insufficient, and the wrinkles can be removed by gradually increasing the pressing force. When the stainless steel stamping part stretches the conical and hemispherical parts, most of the material is in the air at the beginning of the stretching. It is easy to produce sidewall wrinkling. Therefore, in addition to increasing the blank holder force, it should also increase the radial tensile stress in the plate and remove the wrinkles by increasing the pick-up rib.