There are many classification methods for die stamping parts, which can be divided into ordinary materials, low-alloy high-strength structural steel (HRB400), stainless steel metal composite materials (HRC60) and low-alloy steel according to the material. According to the shape of stamping parts, it can be divided into sheet metal stamping parts and parts stamping parts. Stamping parts are used to process parts of various shapes and sizes, and are mainly used in industries such as automobiles, machinery manufacturing, aerospace, and home appliances. The stamping process can be divided into stamping dies and forging dies according to the stamping dies.
Balford has passed ISO9001 in 2017. We has over ten years experience on manufacturing motor housing, solenoid valve housing and sensor housing, focused on auto parts.Now Balford enter into solenoid valve housings and sensor housings industry that are mainly based on difficult deep drawing process.
We employ documented procedures for every step in the manufacturing process from initial program launch through steady-state production in order to ensure consistent performance. We engineer our processes to produce the desired results, monitor those results, and use what we learn to regularly refine our processes as part of our commitment to continuous process and efficiency improvement.
Many of our customers have been with us for 5-8 years or more. Year after year, they experience zero late deliveries and zero returns. If you are looking for metal stamping china information. Just contact us. Email：email@example.com
1. General stamping parts are composed of various factors such as mold material, die structure and molding process, such as material hardness, wear resistance, etc., to ensure the performance of the product.
Die design should take into account the following factors: material and structural properties of stamping parts; shape parameters of stamping parts; stamping process parameters. If the material, structure, mold design, etc. are unreasonable, the product will not be able to meet the required performance, and the dimensional stability of the product after use cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, reasonable design of mold material, blanking structure and forming process can ensure the performance of the product. According to different materials and different requirements, targeted mold materials and punching techniques can be made to ensure the normal performance of the product.
The main feature of the forming process is that the stamping process is a continuous process. After the stamping parts are obtained from the material, because the residence time in the mold is very short, a stamping machine is needed to manufacture the stamping parts. The stamping process has great flexibility, and there are dozens of forming methods, making its manufacturing cost very low. Therefore, stamping parts are generally formed by rapid stamping, hot pressing and other methods. The general mold stamping process can be divided into six stages: preparation → heating → cold pressing → punch cold stamping → cutting → cooling → discharging → assembly. as the picture shows.
3. Raw materials for stamping parts
The raw materials used for stamping parts generally include carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, magnesium, nickel, iron, molybdenum, titanium, tungsten, chromium, etc. These materials have high hardness, good wear resistance, and are easy to cut. In addition, other alloys such as iron and titanium are used, either by casting or stamping processes.
4. Requirements for stamping processing on the dimensional accuracy and surface quality of the workpiece
Stamping parts have relatively high dimensional accuracy requirements during use. For example, for workpieces of different sizes, different angles and different cross-sectional sizes, it is necessary to ensure that there is no difference between them, which requires processing personnel to have high precision. Therefore, in the processing process, the processing accuracy must be strictly controlled. In addition, due to the presence of many impurities in stamping parts, such as rust, dirt, etc., it is easy to cause pitting, pores and other defects on the surface. Therefore, the surface of stamping parts is required to be rough, and no obvious pores, cracks, oil stains, rust, rust spots, etc. are allowed.
5. The influence of material properties on the dimensional accuracy and surface quality of stamping parts
The hardness of sheet metal stamping parts is larger than that of steel plate stamping parts, so steel plate stamping parts have better precision. The hardness of steel stamping parts is closely related to the precision of steel stamping parts. The higher the hardness, the better the strength and toughness of the sheet metal. Generally speaking, the higher the hardness of the sheet metal, the higher its hardness value, which means that the strength of sheet metal stamping parts will be higher. The high hardness of steel stamping parts is due to the high quality of steel stamping parts. Steel stamping parts are very precise parts with good surface quality and high dimensional accuracy requirements. Therefore, steel stamping parts are required to have good technical performance.
FAQ about Metal Stamping China
What metal is best for stamping?
When it comes to metal stamping, the choice of metal depends on various factors such as the intended application, desired characteristics, and budget constraints. Several metals are commonly used for stamping, each offering unique properties. Here are some popular options: Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Brass,
These are just a few examples, and there are many other metals and alloys that can be suitable for stamping depending on the specific requirements of your project. It is essential to consider factors such as mechanical properties, corrosion resistance, electrical conductivity, and cost when selecting the best metal for your stamping needs.
What are the advantages of metal stamping?
Metal stamping offers several advantages that make it a preferred manufacturing process for many industries. Here are some key advantages of metal stamping:
Cost-effectiveness, High precision and accuracy, Versatility, Strength and durability, Speed and efficiency, Material options, Design flexibility, Consistency and repeatability.
Overall, metal stamping offers numerous advantages in terms of cost-effectiveness, precision, versatility, and production efficiency. These benefits make it a widely adopted manufacturing process in various industries, including automotive, electronics, appliances, and more.
How to find china metal stamping parts manufacturer?
To find a metal stamping parts manufacturer in China, you can follow these steps:
- Research online platforms like Alibaba, Made-in-China, Global Sources, or other 2B website like balford.net.
- Evaluate manufacturer profiles, capabilities, and experience.
- Request samples or catalogs to assess quality.
- Ensure effective communication and support.
- Verify their quality control processes and certifications.
- Compare pricing and minimum order quantity (MOQ).
- Assess reputation, customer reviews, and financial stability.
- Consider visiting the factory if possible.
- Finalize the agreement, including terms and conditions.
- Consider using a sourcing agent for assistance.
Remember to conduct due diligence and consider working with a reputable sourcing agent or partner if you require assistance navigating the process of finding and selecting a reliable metal stamping parts manufacturer in China.
Which are largest metal stamping companies?
While the specific rankings and sizes of metal stamping companies may vary over time, here are a few well-known and large metal stamping companies that have a significant presence in the industry:
- Magna International: Magna International is a global automotive supplier that offers a wide range of metal stamping and assembly capabilities. They have a strong presence in the automotive industry and provide innovative solutions to leading automakers worldwide.
- Martinrea International: Martinrea International is another major player in the automotive sector, specializing in metal forming, including stamping and welding. They supply various automotive components, such as body-in-white, chassis, and suspension systems.
- American Axle & Manufacturing: American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is a leading manufacturer of driveline and metal-formed products for the automotive industry. They specialize in metal forging, casting, and stamping, providing a range of solutions for powertrain and driveline systems.
- thyssenkrupp: thyssenkrupp is a diversified industrial conglomerate that operates in various sectors, including automotive, aerospace, and machinery. They offer metal stamping services along with other manufacturing and engineering capabilities.
- MagniX Technologies: While not solely focused on metal stamping, MagniX Technologies is a significant player in the aerospace industry. They specialize in the design, development, and manufacturing of electric propulsion systems for aircraft. This involves metal stamping for various aerospace components.