What are the design methods and steps of stamping die
According to the processing target and processing technology, there are many kinds of molds, which can be divided into:
- ①Processing metal molds.
- ②Processing non-metallic and powder metallurgy molds.
The method and process of stamping die design are described by BALFORD.
1. Stamping process analysis of stamping parts
Stamping parts must have excellent stamping technology in order to produce qualified stamping parts in the simplest and most economical way. The process analysis of stamping parts can be completed according to the following methods:
- Read the parts drawing. In addition to the size of the part shape, you should also understand the requirements of the part accuracy and appearance roughness.
- Analyze whether the structure and shape of the parts are suitable for stamping;
- Analyze whether the benchmark selection and scale marking of the parts are reasonable, and whether the scale, direction and shape accuracy are suitable for stamping processing.
- Whether the appearance roughness of the blanking section is too high.
- Whether the production batch is large enough.
If the manufacturability of the part is too poor, a revision plan should be proposed in consultation with the planner. If the production batch is too small, other production methods should be considered for processing.
2: Stamping process planning and optimal process design
- According to the shape scale of stamping parts, start to determine the nature of stamping process, such as stamping die planning method and stamping die planning process.
- Calculate the degree of deformation of the stamping method. If the degree of deformation exceeds the limit deformation degree, the number of punches for the process should be calculated.
- According to the deformation characteristics and quality requirements of each process, organize a reasonable stamping sequence. It should be noted that the deformation area of each process is a weak area, and the forming part (including punching holes or shapes) must not participate in deformation in subsequent processes. Polygonal bending parts should be bent first and then bent, and necessary auxiliary processes and processes such as shaping, leveling, and heat treatment should be organized.
- On the premise of ensuring the accuracy of the parts, according to the production batch, blank positioning and discharge requirements, determine a reasonable process combination method.
- Plan more than two process plans from the aspects of quality, cost, productivity, mold grinding and maintenance, mold life, operation safety, etc., and select the best process plan.
- Start to determine the stamping equipment for each process.
3. Blank planning and layout drawing design of stamping parts
- According to the nature of stamping parts, calculate the blank size and make a blank drawing.
- Plan the layout according to the nature and scale of the blank, and calculate the data utilization rate. Through various sampling plans, the best plan is selected by comparison.
4. stamping die design
- Determine the die structure method of each process of stamping processing, and make a schematic diagram of the die.
- Carry out specific structural planning for the specified 1-2 process molds, and make mold operation diagrams. The planning method is as follows:
- ① Determine the type of mold: simple mold, continuous mold or composite mold.
- ②Mold operation parts planning: Calculate the dimensions of the edges of the convex and concave dies and the lengths of the convex and concave dies, determine the structure of the convex and concave dies and the connection and fixing methods.
- ③ Determine the positioning and spacing method of the blank, and plan the corresponding positioning and spacing parts.
- ④ Determine the methods of pressing, unloading, ejecting and pushing, and plan the corresponding pressing plate, unloading plate and pushing block.
- ⑤ Mold base planning: The planning includes upper and lower mold bases and guiding methods, and standard mold bases can also be selected.
- ⑥ On the basis of completing the above operations, make a mold operation diagram according to the proportion. First make the blanks with double dot marks, then make the working parts, then make the positioning and spacing parts, connect the above parts with the connecting parts, and finally make the pressure and unload parts in the proper orientation. According to the specific conditions of the mold, the above sequence can also be adjusted appropriately.
- ⑦ The outer contour size, closed height, cooperation size, stamping die design method and process die design of the die should be marked on the operation drawing. The requirements for the production accuracy and technical conditions of the mold should be marked on the operation diagram, and the operation diagram should be made in accordance with the national drawing standards, with a title bar and a detailed table. If it is a blanking die, a layout drawing should be made in the upper left corner of the work drawing.
- ⑧ Calculate the molding center and check whether the molding center is consistent with the center line of the mold handle. If there is no overlap, correct the mold results accordingly.
- ⑨ Calculate the punching force, finally select the punching equipment, and calibrate the relevant dimensions of the die and the punching equipment (closed height, work surface, die device dimensions, etc.).
With the development of CNC stamping equipment, the sheet metal stamping process is developing in a diversified direction. The punching and shearing composite process has also opened up a new field, especially suitable for meeting the flexibility requirements of those small and medium batches. The punching and shearing composite process is mainly a process method of punching parts with high surface roughness and high precision through one punching stroke, and is widely used, such as home appliances, automobiles, machinery and so on.
So today, what are the main manufacturing steps of stamping hardware?
- Stamping Part Design
- Stamping parts expansion
- Choose stamping oil
- Stamping sheet blanking
- Machine tool plate punching
- Plate tapping and riveting
- Three-dimensional bending of plate
- Workpiece surface treatment
These steps are used to complete the manufacture of metal stamping parts;
The precision metal stamping process requires a sufficient understanding of the machine tool and various parameters of the machine tool, and a comprehensive analysis is carried out according to the process characteristics of the CNC punch, so that the CNC punch can be reasonably applied and fully utilized.