When choosing a stamping die, various factors should be considered comprehensively. Here to share some small experiences, I hope to help you.
1. Commonly used materials for stamping
the most commonly used materials in stamping production are metal materials (including ferrous metals and non-ferrous metals), but sometimes non-metallic materials are also used. Among them, ferrous metals mainly include ordinary carbon structural steel, high-quality carbon structural steel, alloy structural steel, carbon tool steel, stainless steel, electrical silicon steel, etc.;
Non-ferrous metals mainly include pure copper, brass, bronze, aluminum, etc.;
Non-metallic materials include cardboard, laminate, rubber sheet, plastic sheet, fiberboard and mica. The supply status of metal materials for stamping is generally sheets and strips of various specifications. Sheets can be used for the production of engineering molds, strips (coils) are used for the production of continuous molds, and can also be used for the production of engineering molds.
The size of the sheet is large, which can be used for stamping of large parts, or it can be cut into strips according to the layout size and used for stamping of small and medium-sized parts;
Strips (also known as coils) have various widths, and the unrolled length reaches tens of meters. They are supplied in rolls and are suitable for automatic feeding in continuous mold mass production. For the grades, specifications and properties of various materials, relevant manuals and standards can be consulted.
2. Reasonable selection of stamping materials.
The selection of stamping materials should consider the use requirements of stamping parts, stamping process requirements and economy.
- Reasonable selection of materials according to the use requirements of stamping parts. The selected material should enable the stamping to work properly in the machine or component and have a certain service life. To this end, the selected materials should meet the requirements of the corresponding strength, stiffness, toughness, corrosion resistance and heat resistance according to the use conditions of the stamping parts.
- Reasonable selection of materials according to stamping process requirements. For any kind of stamping part, the selected material should be able to stably form a qualified product without cracking or wrinkling according to the requirements of its stamping process, which is a very basic and important material selection requirement. To this end, the following methods can be used to select materials reasonably.
① Try punching. According to the previous production experience and possible conditions, select several kinds of sheet materials that can basically meet the requirements of stamping parts for test punching, and finally choose the one that has no cracks or wrinkles and has a low rejection rate. The results of this method are more intuitive, but with greater blindness.
② Analysis and comparison. On the basis of analyzing the properties of stamping deformation, the large deformation degree during stamping forming is compared with the limit deformation degree allowed by the sheet metal stamping forming performance, and based on this, the selection of suitable stamping process requirements for this kind of parts is carried out. plate. In addition, there are cold-rolled and hot-rolled sheets of the same grade or thickness. Among the domestic plates in my country, thick plates (t>4 mm) are hot-rolled plates, and thin plates (t < 4 mm) are cold-rolled plates (also hot-rolled plates). Compared with hot-rolled sheet, cold-rolled sheet has precise dimensions, small deviation, less surface defects, brighter, denser internal structure and better stamping performance. (Note: t generally represents the thickness in the mold. For example, the thickness of the template and the thickness of the material can be represented by t.).
- Reasonable selection of materials according to economic requirements. The selected materials should be as low in price, convenient in source and economical as possible on the premise of meeting the performance and stamping process requirements, so as to reduce the cost of stamping parts.
Balford has passed ISO9001 in 2017. We has over ten years experience on manufacturing motor housing, solenoid valve housing and sensor housing, focused on auto parts.Now Balford enter into solenoid valve housings and sensor housings industry that are mainly based on difficult deep drawing process.
We employ documented procedures for every step in the manufacturing process from initial program launch through steady-state production in order to ensure consistent performance. We engineer our processes to produce the desired results, monitor those results, and use what we learn to regularly refine our processes as part of our commitment to continuous process and efficiency improvement.
Many of our customers have been with us for 5-8 years or more. Year after year, they experience zero late deliveries and zero returns.